Seated: President Dee Sykora, Vice President Jay Sillau
Standing (L-R): Fundraising Chairman Dave Chastain, Jon Hongsermeier, Jeff Ewen, Aaron Kobza, Chad Thies, Carol McClelland
Not Pictured: Greg Donsbach, Lisa Laday-Davis, Robert Marshall
The IIAN Foundation was established in 1989 as a project of the IIAN Young Agents committee. The Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation organized under the laws of the State of Nebraska in for educational uses and purposes. The Foundation board of directors collaborates with the IIAN board to support and promote insurance education in Nebraska's high schools and colleges, and attract Nebraska college students to careers in the independent agency system.
IIAN and the IIAN Foundation are working together to:
Build a new Talent Network to connect Nebraska college students with jobs and opportunities in the independent agency system. Under development:
- Internships - providing the tools and coaching independent agencies need to develop relationships with promising business students.
- Jobs pipeline - promoting open insurance positions to business students and helping agencies recruit new talent
- Basic training - providing basic insurance training for interns and new employees
Promote ongoing insurance education in Nebraska high schools and community colleges in partnership with Project InVEST, a national nonprofit educational organization supported by IIABA.
- Online associate business degree program - 2-year Insurance Services associate degree or a 1-year Insurance Certificate to students of all ages all across Nebraska, through Northeast Community College.
- InVEST website - Provides online resources for students, teachers, and industry volunteer speakers.