The RLI Personal Umbrella Policy (PUP) is an unsupported umbrella policy, and it does not require that underlying policies be underwritten by RLI. Consumers often wrongfully assume that their auto or home insurance will provide all the liability protection they need.
The PUP will cover operation of most motor vehicles and small watercraft, incidents involving any property covered by the homeowners policy, and incidents alleging slander, libel, defamation of character, invasions of privacy, and false arrest.
- $1 million, $2 million, $3 million and $5 million limits available.
- Three rating tiers: Preferred, Standard, and Standard II
- Underlying policies can be written through different companies
- No agency volume requirements
- Simple self-underwriting application
- Reduced minimum underlying limits available for risks that do not have any youthful (under age 22) drivers in the household
- Provides coverage worldwide
- Excess UM/UIM available
*To write RLI business, your agency must be appointed by RLI Insurance and maintain a minimum E&O limit of $1 million