Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance is becoming a more highly enforced issue. We are seeing ADA website compliance litigation continue to increase as plaintiffs lawyers are targeting a wide variety of business websites. There is no business too small for these lawyers to go after, which puts member-agents and their clients in their crosshairs.
While compliance does not guarantee you will avoid a lawsuit, it is important to be able to demonstrate efforts to comply if you are targeted and there are tools that may be helpful in avoiding potential liability by increasing accessibility.
A solution that might work for you is, accessiBe, which automates and enhances ADA website compliance. This service is affordable, effortless implementation, and will make sure your webiste it staying compliant.
"Protect your business from lawsuits, open your website to the world."
- Take reasonable steps towards compliance
- Consider a monthly compliance solution ($80-$100)
- Small businesses must take reasonable efforts toward compliance. ** There is no one-size-fits-all solution **
- Remember: There are multiple levels of accessibility, starting with the minimum access provided by a software widget. Solutions start at $80 to $100 per month.
- Some of them advertise up to 95% accessibility. 100% compliance will require an audit.
Also, visit IIABA's website
to learn more about accessibility tools, and ultimately protect your agency from a potential lawsuit.